By Sandra Gonzalez, CNN
(CNN) — Elmo wants to bring peace to Westeros.
In a video released Thursday, which emphasizes respect, the “Sesame Street” fave tries to encourage levelheaded dialogue between Cersei and Tyrion Lannister, who are in a tense conversation when Elmo arrives.
“I only want what’s best for Westeros,” Tyrion says.
“And I only want for you not to get what you want,” Cersei bites back.
“See, this is why you don’t have any friends,” her brother retorts.
Respect brings us together, and if anyone can convince @GameOfThrones‘s Cersei and Tyrion to get along, a familiar furry red friend might just be the one. #RespectIsComing #RespectBringsUsTogether pic.twitter.com/4i94lU6YIh
— Sesame Street (@sesamestreet) April 18, 2019
As “Elmo of Sesame Street” takes a seat at the head of the table, he says respect is the key to solving problems.
“When Elmo has a problem with his friends like Abby or Cookie Monster, Elmo doesn’t get upset. Elmo listens and learns from what they have to say,” says Elmo. (Tyrion’s reaction to the name Cookie Monster is worthy of an Emmy.)
“Sesame Street” teased the video on Twitter with #RespectIsComing.
The long-running kids’ program currently airs on HBO as part of a deal announced back in 2015 that was something of a lifeline for the Sesame Workshop. (HBO, like CNN, is owned by WarnerMedia.)
The friendly resolution that transpires in the video segment is certainly not an ending “Game of Thrones” fans can expect when the show signs off in May. But we can’t say Elmo didn’t try.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Trial date set in wrongful death lawsuit for Susan Powell’s sons