NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA has rescinded technical fouls called on Golden State’s Kevin Durant and JaMychal Green of the Los Angeles Clippers in Game 3 of their first-round playoff series.
The players were called for double technicals early in the third quarter Thursday night at Staples Center as they jawed at each other. The Warriors won 132-105 and lead the series 2-1.
Both players protested the call, and the league rescinded it Friday.
Durant had been ejected from Game 1 with a double technical and he had accumulated three of the seven fouls allotted before the NBA would issue a one-game suspension until the latest tech was withdrawn.
Durant said after the game Thursday that he hoped the foul would be rescinded because he doesn’t want to jeopardize the two-time defending champions going forward.
Today’s Top Stories
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Long-serving KSL weatherman Bob Welti has died
- Student journalist scores big scoop in Trump-Ukraine story
- Live Mic: Nazi headstone in Utah to be removed
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Over 20,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses already in Utah