WYOMING, Mich. (AP) — A 5-year-old Michigan boy had a craving for McDonald’s but his grandmother was sleeping so he called 911 and made a request.
WZZM-TV in Grand Rapids reports Iziah Hall of Wyoming asked the dispatcher: “Can you bring me McDonald’s?” Dispatcher Sara Kuberski says she told him no but reached out to the police.
Wyoming police officer Dan Patterson says the April 14 request made him laugh, so he stopped at McDonald’s on his way to check on Iziah’s home in the western Michigan city.
Patterson says he thought, “I’m driving past McDonald’s on my way there and I might as well get him something.” The officer says the first thing the boy said to him was, “My grandma’s gonna be so mad, can you please go away?”
Today’s Top Stories
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Businesses in downtown Salt Lake hope in-person General Conference will return ASAP
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…