SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Warming temperatures are said to be creating dangerous avalanche conditions in parts of Utah’s snow country.
The Utah Avalanche Center on Saturday issued a warning of “considerable danger” of wet avalanches in the Logan, Ogden, Salt Lake and Provo mountainous regions.
The center said natural and human-triggered avalanches occurred in in recent days and that additional avalanche activity is likely.
Today’s Top Stories
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Long-serving KSL weatherman Bob Welti has died
- Student journalist scores big scoop in Trump-Ukraine story
- Live Mic: Nazi headstone in Utah to be removed
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Over 20,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses already in Utah