SALT LAKE CITY — A crash involving an RV and a Starbucks Coffee Shop has knocked out power to traffic lights and also created a gas leak near 2100 S. State Street.
Salt Lake City fire crews extricated a person from a motor vehicle collision at 2100 S State St. 3 people total were injured and transported to local hospitals. Street lights are out and traffic will be affected. pic.twitter.com/arEOd8e5Ua
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) April 22, 2019
The Salt Lake City Fire Department says crews responded after the RV and a pickup truck collided, propelling the RV into the drive-thru side of the Starbucks.
Firefighters extricated one person from the RV and transported them to the hospital with significant but non-life threatening injuries. A second person in the RV and one person in the truck had minor injuries. No one inside the building was hurt.
The police department tweeted out that the traffic lights were out in all directions at that intersection, and drivers could expect congestion in the area for some time.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Toni Morrison, ‘Beloved’ author and Nobel laureate, dies at 88
- Chris Christie in hospital as precaution after positive Covid-19 test
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Audit: Utah oil, gas division lacks environmental oversight
- Residents divided on proposed Parley’s project
- Utah homeschooling is on the rise. What does that say about education in Utah?
- ER doctor: Masks that don’t cover the nose more likely to spread COVID-19
- Police identify woman found dead at Midvale Motel 6
- Project Recovery: Casey Scott and Dr. Matt answer your questions