WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A fatal crash at 6200 South Mountain View Corridor Wednesday night has claimed the life of 18-year-old Talia Littlefield of Tooele and sent two others hospitalized. West Valley police say a 17-year-old who was driving a passenger vehicle ran a red light going westbound on 6200 S, then was hit by a car going southbound on Mountain View Corridor around 8:15 p.m.
The woman killed in the crash on 6200 South Mountain View Corridor yesterday evening was Talia Littlefield (1/15/01) of Tooele. pic.twitter.com/niqWQdpyHk
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) April 25, 2019
“In the passenger seat was an 18-year-old girl who died at the scene. The 17-year-old driver of that car was transported with non-life-threatening injuries. The driver of the other vehicle, an adult female, was also transported with non-life-threatening injuries,” says WVC police spokesperson Roxanne Vainuku.
Vainuku says the intersection was closed for several hours as the investigation continued into the night. The identity of the woman killed was not immediately released pending notification of next of kin.
Today’s Top Stories
- Huge haul of treasure stolen in German castle vault heist
- Holladay Arts Council
- New “return to work” initiative for Utahns who lost jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- What are the rules at the polling place in Utah?
- Wildlife resources officers seek information in deer poaching case
- 2 injured in early morning house fire in Layton
- Eilish, who gives voice to troubled youth, tops the Grammys
- Donovan Mitchell and mom talk about growing up Spida
- ‘The King’: Brazilian soccer great Pele turns 80