SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will give special honor to the family of Major Brent Taylor on Thursday.
The 39-year-old former North Ogden Mayor was working toward his doctoral degree in political science when he started his fourth deployment with the Army National Guard where he was killed last fall.
At the U’s commencement Thursday, Major Taylor will receive a posthumous Ph.D. that will be presented to his widow, Jennie Taylor.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Green Party selects Howie Hawkins as 2020 presidential nominee
- Police make sixth arrest in the kidnapping and murder of Kearns woman
- Flu vaccine doesn’t fully cover Influenza B, CDC says
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- No sign of missing woman who was kidnapped in Kearns 1 week ago