PROVO – The Provo Police Department said it was investigating a shooting after a 27-year-old woman suffered a fatal gunshot to the head Tuesday afternoon near Center Street.
The woman, reported as Freya Larsen, was in critical condition and taken to Utah Valley Hospital, but later authorities say she died from her injuries.
Police Sgt. Nisha King says the department blocked some lanes between 300 East and 400 South while they investigate as of Tuesday afternoon. Police are allowing drivers to go through the area, but an alternate route is suggested.
Please avoid the area between 300 and 400 East Center Steeet.
— Provo Police (@ProvoPolice) May 7, 2019
A 27-year-old man made the phone call to police and is currently in custody as a person of interest. Investigators are unsure as to the relationship between the him and Larsen.
Police said there was no danger to the public.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- A zoning change means another option for the homeless in SLC
- Ogden joins cities observing COVID memorial March 1
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Skyline High School dismisses in-person class for two weeks following COVID-19 outbreak