COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) — Sam Johnson scored the go-ahead goal in the 53rd minute and Real Salt Lake beat Colorado 3-2 to hand the winless Rapids winless their eighth straight loss Saturday night.
Johnson took Damir Kreilach’s pass in an open space in the middle of the area, and fired home a shot that went through with a deflection off defender Lalas Abubakar.
RSL (4-6-1) took a 2-0 lead on goals by Albert Rusnák in the 25th and Corey Baird in the 27th. Rusnák scored on a penalty kick, and Baird settled a long ball from Nick Besler and finished with the outside of his foot.
Kellyn Acosta took advantage of a deflection to cut the deficit to 2-1 for the Rapids (0-9-2) in first-half stoppage time. Danny Wilson tied it with his first MLS goal, a close-range finish in the 47th.
RSL goalkeeper Andrew Putna saved a penalty kick by Kei Kamara in the 59th minute. Kamara was 12 of 13 on penalties in his MLS career before the attempt.
Real Salt Lake’s Justen Glad was shown a red card in the 35th minute that was downgraded to yellow after video review.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- White House: National Guard, federal police en route to Capitol to disperse protesters
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound