A man is dead after a home invasion turned into shots fired and a car crash in Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake City Police first got the call around 10:30 on Tuesday night about a home invasion.
Police say several people, maybe teens, forced their way into a home near 300 North Rendon court, just off I-15.
The people inside the home chased down the suspects, police say.
“Several males had forced entry into the home, and that the occupants [were] then chasing the suspects,” says Lt. Cracroft.
Police then received reports about shots fired and a crash about a block away from the home invasion scene.
Police say several others in that car ran away. The suspects were found on the TRAX platform on North Temple. Officers are trying to get more information from the home’s residents and other witnesses.
“Several of the occupants fled on foot. We’ve got, we think all of those, now in tow at the station,” Lt. Cracroft says.
“It appears that this car was our suspect vehicle, and there’s a man inside that is deceased. We don’t know if he has been shot or if he was killed in the crash,” says Lt Cracroft.
Between the invasion, the crash, and the shots being fired, the Salt Lake Police now have multiple crime scenes to go over.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- What makes soda so addictive?
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy