SANDY, Utah (AP) — Sebastián Saucedo had a goal and an assist to help Real Salt Lake beat Toronto FC 3-0 on Saturday.
Damir Kreilach opened the scoring for Real Salt Lake (5-6-1) in the 14th minute, chest trapping Albert Rusnák’s cross in the middle of the area and finishing it after deflections off a pair of defenders.
RSL took a 2-0 lead in the 28th minute on Saucedo’s goal, a 25-yard shot after dribbling it into the middle of the field from the left wing.
Jefferson Savarino chased down Saucedo’s long ball and cut back on Justin Morrow for an open shot to make it 3-0 in the 60th minute.
Toronto FC (5-5-2) went down a man a minute later when Alejandro Pozuelo received his second yellow card.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- Changing water flow leads to more bugs in Grand Canyon
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- ‘Golden Boy’-turned-addict finds newfound life after prison
- Rose Park Connect: Partnership to provide internet access
- Suzanne Parry, Dilworth Elementary