SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — From Layton to Spanish Fork, 10 golf courses across the Wasatch have been broken into over the last month.
“It’s just frustrating when you show up and that’s what you find and it’s scary, too!” Glenmoor Golf Course’s head golf pro-Darci Olsen told KSLTV.
“They tried to get into the front door right here, but it’s safety glass, so they weren’t able to—which caused damage, we had to get it replaced,” Olsen said.
“Then they checked through all the windows and they could see the wall-mounted safe, so they just shattered this I think maybe with a crowbar or some sort of device.”
Glenmoor is the latest in what appears to be a string of 10 similar break-ins around the Wasatch.
Lakeside Golf Course in West Bountiful, Davis Park Golf Course in Fruit Heights, Bonneville in Salt Lake and South Mountain in Draper were all hit in mid to late April.
Then through the first half of this month Alpine Country Club in Highland, Fox Hollow Golf Course in American Fork, The Oaks in Spanish Fork, as well as Bountiful ridge and Sun Hills in Layton.
It appears the thieves have been targeting safes.
Associate Director of Salt Lake City Golf Kelsey Chugg hopes that the surveillance video above might be able to help find out who’s behind this spree.
“Maybe the way they walk or stand or maybe what they’re wearing and give us a tip.
It’s just been on our minds every day—we’re all worried!” she said, “Golf courses are beautiful places (where) people come to enjoy themselves.
“We’re not out to hurt anybody. I don’t know why people are coming after us.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- UPDATE: South Salt Lake DMV Office reopens after confirmed COVID case
- ‘Modern Family’ actor Ty Burrell teams up with Salt Lake City to help laid-off…
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…