SALT LAKE CITY — September 20 cannot come fast enough for Downton Abbey fans.
A new trailer was released Tuesday morning, and it shows the King and Queen are coming for a Royal visit to the Crawley home.
Within minutes of its release, the trailer racked up thousands of views across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
It shows the return of many beloved characters, including the Dowager Countess (played by Maggie Smith), Carson, Hughes, Lady Mary and her husband Henry Talbot, Lady Edith and her husband Bertie (the new Lord Hexham), Tom Branson, Anna, Bates and Thomas.
The trailer seems to show domestic happiness for many of the upstairs family and downstairs staff, but hints at major changes for some of the characters as well.
The Royal visit will mean major work for the servants, and excitement for the Crawley family.
The movie is set in the year 1927, about a year and a half after the television finale.
“Since the series ended, fans of Downton have long been waiting for the Crawley family’s next chapter,” Focus Features chairman Peter Kujawski previously said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to join this incredible group of filmmakers, actors and craftspeople, led by Julian Fellowes and Gareth Neame, in bringing back the world of Downton to the big screen next September.”
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘Diesel Brothers’ ordered to pay $850k for violating Clean Air Act
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- Mail-in mistakes: how to make sure your ballot and vote count
- We have a wiener! Joey Chestnut eats 71 hot dogs for title
- Possible coronavirus on cruise ship causes huge problems for Utah couple
- New study: excessive screen time can stunt child development
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Mark Hamill called an 11-year-old ‘Star Wars’ fan with an R2-D2 bionic arm a hero
- Mary Kaye Huntsman talks: politics, international pressure and Russia
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving