This article about increasing Veterans’ access to health care is presented by American United Federal Credit Union
Increasing Veterans’ Access to Health Care
The MISSION Act strengthens VA’s ability to deliver trusted, easy to access, high-quality care at VA facilities, virtually through telehealth, and in the community. That means Veterans get the care and services they need, where and when they need them.
What’s Changing and What You Can Expect
Beginning June 6, 2019, under the MISSION Act, Veterans will have more ways to access health care. This includes within VA’s network and through approved non-VA medical providers in your community, called “community care providers.”
Veterans Are Eligible for Care in the Community When Any of the Following Criteria Are Met:
- VA does not provide the service needed.
- Veteran was receiving care under the Choice Program distance criteria and may continue to be eligible until June 6th of 2020.
- The Veteran is more than a 30-minute drive from primary and mental health care and more than a 60-minute drive from specialty care.
- Veteran has to wait more than 20 days for a primary care appointment and more than 28 days for specialty care from the day they ask for the appointment.
- Veteran and provider agree that it is in the Veteran’s best interest to be seen in the community.
Why Should Veterans Choose Va?
VA wants to be a Veteran’s lifetime healthcare partner through careful care coordination and specialized treatment programs unique to Veterans’ needs. VA Offers dedicated Veteran providers and facilities and maintains a Veteran’s entire medical history with VA’s electronic medical record. Veterans trust in our healthcare system is extremely high and VA is seeing more patients more quickly than ever before, and Veterans are more satisfied with their care. Finally, VA is transparent by showcasing and comparing wait time data with the private sector for informed decisions.
Find More Information
For more information on the new VA MISSION Act please visit www.missionact.va.gov
- Delta places Romney hecklers on no-fly list (pageviews: 4061)
- House Democrats introduce impeachment resolution, citing 'incitement of insurrection' (pageviews: 2221)
- AP: President Trump, VP Pence speak for first time since Capitol violence (pageviews: 1859)
- What to watch as House moves to impeach Trump for 2nd time (pageviews: 1576)
- Contests (pageviews: 1526)
- Melania Trump issues first statement after violence at the Capitol (pageviews: 1509)
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here's everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine (pageviews: 1341)
- Enter to win a pair of Apple Airpods! - KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1240)