TREMONTON, Utah — Wind gusts in excess of 65 mph have the Utah Department of Transportation is having truckers stay off a stretch of I-15 between Tremonton and Brigham City.
Strong winds Northern Wasatch Front this morning…. we have seen gusts between 48 and 66mph …. gusts should subside after 10am. pic.twitter.com/528hR4bR0I
— Grant Weyman (@KSLweyman) May 23, 2019
High profile vehicles have been prohibited from MP 362 near Perry and Brigham City and MP 376 near Elwood.
UDOT Spokesman John Gleason says that the winds Thursday morning have already knocked over one semi.
The winds are expected to die down after 9 a.m. and in the meantime, Gleason is asking drivers that may be headed that direction to hang on until the winds die down.
“We’re asking everyone with RV’s that may be trying to get out of town for Memorial Day weekend or semis in the area not to travel that stretch of I-15,” Gleason said
SB I-15 at MP 376 / SR-13 Junction, Tremonton Box Elder Co,
65+ mph cross winds, High profile vehicles prohibited from MP 376 to MP 362, High profile vehicles must exit at MP 376,
Est. Clearance Time: 9:00 AM
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) May 23, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- Distracted driving fight hits a big roadblock: we won’t give up our phones
- Prehistoric Lake Bonneville trail progresses in Utah
- Utah reports suicide attempts down during pandemic
- Lee Lonsberry steps up to the mic at KSL
- Pope arrives in Iraq to rally Christians despite pandemic
- Sunshine, heat and cars are the recipe for ozone pollution
- Senate President Stuart Adams blames Donovan Mitchell for blowback on attempted Critical…
- Insurance provided by NRA not sitting well with gun control advocates
- Live Mic: Gun advocate’s plan for personalized license plate is shot down
- Governor Spencer Cox delivers first veto in his young admnistration