WOODS CROSS, Utah — A 15-year-old Woods Cross teen has died after suffering a crash on his bike.
Police say the boy’s family went looking for him Tuesday evening when he didn’t return from a bike ride.
His family then pinged his phone leading them to the Tractor Supply Co. on Redwood Road where they found him after his crash.
Police say it appears the teen crashed and suffered a head injury on his fall and may have been there for 20-30 minutes before being found.
First responders tried to save him, but he was pronounced dead on the scene.
His name is expected to be released Wednesday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah’s number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8
- Sergeant Joe Cyr, Salt Lake City Police Department
- Jazz fan gets “coolest injury ever” after Donovan Mitchell flies into third row
- Bells will ring from Utah Capitol Building in honor of lives lost from COVID-19
- Sen. Lee’s PROMISE Act would require tech companies to operate without ‘political bias’
- Alpine City offers reward for information leading to arrest of toilet vandals