ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) — A Logan man’s body has been recovered at a southern Utah state park where he jumped from the top of waterfalls.
Utah Division of Parks and Recreation officials say the body of 36-year-old Brandon Gary Johnson was found Saturday, a day after he was last seen jumping into water at Gunlock State Park near St. George.
Parks officials said in a statement that Johnson apparently died from impact but that the investigation remains under investigation.
Officials said Johnson had been jumping with friends before one time when he failed to resurface from the water of Gunlock Reservoir.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Volunteers ready to glean extra fruit around Cache Valley
- Proposed bill would make gun owners civilly liable if a gun they lend out is used in a crime
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert moved to tears by All-Star snub
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- Pro-Hong Kong signs were confiscated at the Washington Wizards game
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- 8-year-old skiier injured after falling from Park City chairlift
- Kaysville police, US Marshals arrest man accused of impersonating officer