ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) — A Logan man’s body has been recovered at a southern Utah state park where he jumped from the top of waterfalls.
Utah Division of Parks and Recreation officials say the body of 36-year-old Brandon Gary Johnson was found Saturday, a day after he was last seen jumping into water at Gunlock State Park near St. George.
Parks officials said in a statement that Johnson apparently died from impact but that the investigation remains under investigation.
Officials said Johnson had been jumping with friends before one time when he failed to resurface from the water of Gunlock Reservoir.
Water doesn’t usually spill over to create waterfalls at Gunlock, but this year’s heavy Spring precipitation created a roiling series of waterfalls and swirling pools inside the rocky spillway area beneath the reservoir.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Former producer: Doug Wright is the master of the scoop
- Bill would create firearm safety pilot program in Utah schools
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl police shooting ad
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats