WEST HAVEN, Utah — There is a large police presence in the Weber County city of West Haven Monday morning after an officer-involved shooting late Sunday night.
Weber County Sheriff Lt. Matt Jensen said that Roy City Police responded to multiple calls of gunshots fired just before midnight in what they later found out was a domestic disturbance near 4300 South and 4300 West.
The suspect then fled on foot according to police and was then quickly found by two Weber County Sheriff’s Deputies near 4000 S 4500 W where police say he pulled a gun on officers and was shot multiple times.
Lt. Jensen said that the suspect is currently in surgery in the hospital and is expected to survive.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Pope sends strong message to US Catholics after Floyd death
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Utah Jazz debut new uniforms, welcome more fans at Vivint Arena
- China researchers discover new swine flu with ‘pandemic potential’