WEST HAVEN, Utah — There is a large police presence in the Weber County city of West Haven Monday morning after an officer-involved shooting late Sunday night.
Weber County Sheriff Lt. Matt Jensen said that Roy City Police responded to multiple calls of gunshots fired just before midnight in what they later found out was a domestic disturbance near 4300 South and 4300 West.
The suspect then fled on foot according to police and was then quickly found by two Weber County Sheriff’s Deputies near 4000 S 4500 W where police say he pulled a gun on officers and was shot multiple times.
Lt. Jensen said that the suspect is currently in surgery in the hospital and is expected to survive.
Today’s Top Stories
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Lynda Carter offers wonderful performance at FanX
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Dave and Dujanovic: the dangers of THC vape pens
- UDOT to build runaway truck ramp entering Garden City near Bear Lake
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today