LOGAN, Utah — Elizabeth Shelley’s loved ones will prepare to lay the little girl to rest today.
A public viewing for Shelly started last night and will continue today at the Nyman Funeral Home in Logan and even though many didn’t know the little girl, many are showing their support for her family with rainbow-colored ribbons and bows placed throughout the community.
Her funeral will be held today at 1 pm and is open to the public following a viewing from 11 am to 1 pm.
We will have a reporter in Logan to bring you the latest. The family has asked that the services not be broadcast.
Lizzy Shelley was taken from her home on May 25th and her body was found a few days later in a nearby backyard. Her uncle, Alex Whipple, is charged with murder, kidnapping, abuse of a body and obstruction of justice and made his first court appearance yesterday in a packed courtroom.
Today’s Top Stories
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children
- Utah doctors look back on one-year fight against COVID-19
- Lieutenant Drew Cox, Naples Police Department
- Opinion: Coronavirus made me change my plans