PROVO, Utah — Provo Police are investigating a shooting outside student housing that kept investigators on scene into the early morning hours.
Police say shortly after 8 PM Monday night 26-year-old Jeremy Sorensen was in a fight with an unnamed 18-year-old outside an apartment building near 500 N and 200 E.
Police Sgt Nisha King says another man driving by witnessed the fight and, “the male pulled up, there was some sort of verbal exchange and then the uninvolved male was the one who pulled out the weapon and shot the male involved in the domestic.”
That man was shot in the chest and taken to the hospital. The woman also went to the hospital to be treated for injuries suffered in the fight. She’s expected to be ok.
Provo Police have identified the man as Jeremy Sorensen, 26, and say that he has died.
Police say the shooter is cooperating.
Today’s Top Stories
- 6.4-magnitude quake rattles Nevada
- Toxic algal bloom spotted on Utah Lake, a first for 2019
- Friends mourn Utah veterinarian shot in New Mexico
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Two huge snakes fall through kitchen ceiling in Australia
- Susan Powell created a “paper trail” of evidence before her disappearance,…
- Hurricane State Liquor Store closes, employee tests positive for COVID-19
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- Loving Little Cottonwood Canyon to death: is a gondola the answer?