PROVO, Utah — Provo Police are investigating a shooting outside student housing that kept investigators on scene into the early morning hours.
Police say shortly after 8 PM Monday night 26-year-old Jeremy Sorensen was in a fight with an unnamed 18-year-old outside an apartment building near 500 N and 200 E.
Police Sgt Nisha King says another man driving by witnessed the fight and, “the male pulled up, there was some sort of verbal exchange and then the uninvolved male was the one who pulled out the weapon and shot the male involved in the domestic.”
That man was shot in the chest and taken to the hospital. The woman also went to the hospital to be treated for injuries suffered in the fight. She’s expected to be ok.
Provo Police have identified the man as Jeremy Sorensen, 26, and say that he has died.
Police say the shooter is cooperating.
Today’s Top Stories
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Salt Lake City police respond to hundreds of calls because of the wind
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- Police searching for man accused of stealing ducklings from ponds
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- Utah State Parks annual pass fee increased