PROVO, Utah (AP) — A puppy is recovering after getting trapped in a moving garbage truck with her owner.
Provo Police Sgt. Nisha King said Tuesday officers rescued the puppy and her 43-year-old owner earlier that morning after they got caught by the truck’s compactor mechanism. The unidentified man and puppy were sleeping in a dumpster when the truck collected and compacted the bin’s contents with them still inside.
The driver stopped the machine after hearing the man call for help. He sustained minor injuries.
King said the puppy was unharmed and will be transported to a local shelter.
Today’s Top Stories
- BYU Law students “heart attack” Orem Islamic Center
- ‘Don’t blame Californians for surge in Utah housing prices’ study says
- Tammy Botelho – Sage Hills Elementary
- New KSL documentary goes behind the scenes of the COLD podcast
- Helicopter pilot killed in Afghanistan to be laid to rest in Utah
- Students in Salt Lake City School District won’t be disciplined for not wearing masks
- 128 year old Salt Lake Temple time capsule opened
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- MOVIE SHOW REVIEW: The Grinch (2018)
- Lake Mountain Middle School opens for classes–but construction on campus continues