PROVO, Utah (AP) — A puppy is recovering after getting trapped in a moving garbage truck with her owner.
Provo Police Sgt. Nisha King said Tuesday officers rescued the puppy and her 43-year-old owner earlier that morning after they got caught by the truck’s compactor mechanism. The unidentified man and puppy were sleeping in a dumpster when the truck collected and compacted the bin’s contents with them still inside.
The driver stopped the machine after hearing the man call for help. He sustained minor injuries.
King said the puppy was unharmed and will be transported to a local shelter.
Today’s Top Stories
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- Malfunctioning Mississippi voting machine caught on video
- Harmons will begin administering COVID-19 vaccines to eligible groups
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- Utah tourism office unveils three-year plan to keep visitors and money rolling in
- Utah man being investigated for threatening to kill former US senator
- California to resume some activities by April 1
- Police believe the El Paso shooter targeted Latinos. These are the victims’ stories
- Officer-involved shooting in Roy deemed justified, police release video
- More than 70% of Americans report wearing a mask in public, study shows