KEARNS — Unified Police have identified the man who died in a shooting in Kearns on Wednesday.
Police say the body of 34-year-old John Herman Tonga of Midvale was found in the front yard of a home at 4805 West and 4720 South. Detectives also found blood inside the home.
Police say another man showed up at a local hospital with a gunshot wound and is expected to survive.
Investigators are also now looking for three people they’re identifying as persons of interest in the case. They’ve also released surveillance video of two vehicles in hopes of getting more information.
Police have not released a suspected motive in the murder, that happened at about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Anyone with information is asked to call Unified Police at (801) 743-7000.
Today’s Top Stories
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- U of U planning more in-person classes for fall, potentially 45% of classes
- Lieutenant Drew Cox, Naples Police Department
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- From Adderall to “huffing” canned air; a Utah man’s journey with addiction