Utah Senator Mitt Romney says he has a new plan to replace Obamacare.
Senator Romney told the Hill he is ready with a replacement for Obamacare, but is waiting to see “what kind of support we’ll get.”
The plan was first tweeted by a Bloomberg reporter on Wednesday.
Mitt Romney tells me he has a health care plan. 👀
— Steven Dennis (@StevenTDennis) June 12, 2019
Romney had a healthcare plan when he was governor of Massachusetts, and it is seen as the precursor to the Affordable Care Act but has not released any information about his current plan.
Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell has made it clear he does not want to touch Obamacare while the Democrats control the House. He said in April the President was developing a plan after 2020.
Sen. McConnell has declined to comment Hill on Romney’s effort.
Today’s Top Stories
- 6.4-magnitude quake rattles Nevada
- Toxic algal bloom spotted on Utah Lake, a first for 2019
- Friends mourn Utah veterinarian shot in New Mexico
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- UTA offering free fare to COVID-19 vaccination appointments
- Loving Little Cottonwood Canyon to death: is a gondola the answer?
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Officer Zachary Nold, Ogden City Police Department
- UPDATE: Lori Vallow appears in court on new charges in relation to the death of missing children