By FOX 12 WEB STAFF
PORTLAND, Or. (KPTV) — A suspect is sought after Gresham, Oregon police say they stole a pickup truck with a Utah teen girl sleeping inside.
Police said the pickup was stolen at around 1 a.m. Friday while the girl’s parents were checking into the Days Inn, located at 24124 Southeast Stark Street.
The pickup and the teen, 16, were located a short distance away at Northeast 38th Drive and Country Club Avenue. Police said the suspect abandoned the vehicle when they realized the teen was inside.
Officers and a K-9 team checked the area, but have not located the suspect.
Police said the teen was reunited with her parents
The owner of the truck and father of the teen, Chris Sorensen, told FOX 12 that a woman stole the pickup. He also said the woman took the keys, his cell phone, and his wife’s wallet.
Sorensen said his family is in town from Utah to watch his nephew compete in a motocross competition in Washougal this weekend.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham signs 4-year extension through 2027
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- UPDATED: Utah Gun Exchange counter-protesting Parkland students
- Historic Native American petroglyph known as ‘The Birthing Scene’ vandalized
- Veterans group offers armed school guards
- Idaho, Utah earthquakes have same cause, but not related
- Deseret News poll: Only half of Utahns would take COVID-19 vaccine
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- New jet to boost organ transplantation in Utah