WALHALLA, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina woman who police say was driving drunk will not be cited with a DUI because her vehicle of choice was a toy truck.
News outlets quote police as saying that instead they charged 25-year-old Megan Holman with public intoxication.
They say they spotted her cruising down the road in a Power Wheels electric toy truck after a caller reported a suspicious person on the street.
Officers say she was driving about a mile (1.5 kilometers) from her home in Walhalla when they stopped her.
Today’s Top Stories
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Utah State Parks annual pass fee increased
- Hill Air Force Base Open Aircraft Day
- Opinion: Should police have sent in the dog?
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- Police call owner of home searched in Mackenzie Lueck case a “person of interest”
- Jazz Notes: Rare back-to-back game with T-Wolves gives team small taste of NBA Playoffs
- Tsunami threat issued after powerful quake hits between Cuba and Jamaica