SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A 25-year-old man died after it appears he drowned in a mountain reservoir in Utah.
Utah State Parks spokesman Lt. Eric Stucki said in a news release Monday that Shervin Rayeneh was boating at East Canyon reservoir Sunday with friends and family when he jumped into the water. He began to struggle and never resurfaced.
Stucki says it appears he drowned but they are awaiting the cause of death from the medical examiner.
He says the cold water might have played a role in his death. The water is about 10-15 degrees colder this summer than at the same time last year due to a cold spring.
Rayeneh is from Salt Lake County.
The reservoir is located at the East Canyon State Park, which is about 20 miles (33 kilometers) northeast of Salt Lake City.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Mrs. Bonnie Sulz – Northridge Elementary
- Body cam footage reveals officers shot a man in the back
- A case of mistaken identity leads to online death threats for Utah woman
- Former Nazi SS guard, 93, going on trial in Hamburg
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- VIDEO: Chad Daybell pleads not guilty during arraignment
- ‘The End’ of Fortnite leaves millions staring at a black hole
- UDOH announces more options for people looking for COVID-19 vaccine
- ‘Far Side’ cartoonist Gary Larson publishes first new work in 25 years