SALT LAKE CITY –More reaction coming in Thursday following big news this week that Mike Conley will be coming to Salt Lake City to play for the Utah Jazz.
KSL 5 sports anchor Jeremiah Jensen spoke with Jeff Caplan’s Afternoon News on Wednesday, telling Maria Shilaos that Conley coming to the Jazz could make the difference in the team making the playoffs and a possible future appearance in the NBA finals.
“Conley is a player who is going to bring a lot of offense to this team, something they were lacking. Donovan Mitchell now has some help scoring. They’re gonna be one of the most dynamic and best back courts in the NBA. Now the Jazz go from a team good enough to make the playoffs to a team that can now contend for an NBA title,” says Jensen.
A tweet from the Grizz guard appeared to confirm an ESPN report that the Arkansas native is coming to Utah to play for the Jazz.
What more can I say about my city! You guys made me the man I am today! Memphis is home. Always! 🙌🏾🙌🏾..Time for another chapter! Excited to give all I have to The Jazz and Salt Lake City! 😁#LetsGetIt #GodsPlan #takenote 💪🏾
— Mike Conley (@mconley11) June 19, 2019
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski was first to report the Jazz will acquire Conley in exchange for Jae Crowder, Grayson Allen and Kyle Korver. The Jazz also gives up the 23rd overall pick in Thursday’s NBA Draft and a future first-round pick, Wojnarowski reported.
The Jazz will send a protected 2020 first-round pick to the Grizzlies, league sources tell ESPN. That pick will convey as a late-lottery pick in 2020 or 2021, or become a lightly-protected pick from 2022-’24. Deal complete on July 6. https://t.co/UY47lnIOWU
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 19, 2019
The deal is expected to be completed in early July.
Conley, 31, was the fourth overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft. The son of an Olympic gold and silver medal-winning triple jumper, Conley has spent his entire career with the Grizzlies, playing in Memphis for 12 seasons.
Read more: KSLsports.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Graduates show Salt Lake City students to stay in school