SANDY – Police are searching for a teen who they say stabbed another inside a busy Sandy Walmart.
Investigators say it started when two teens got into a fight inside the store on Quarry Bend Drive.
Police Sergeant Jason Nielsen says, “During that altercation, one of the juveniles did pull a knife out and ended up stabbing the other,”
The victim was hit in the back and was taken to the hospital in serious condition, but Nielsen says he’s expected to survive.
Investigators don’t know what caused the fight, or how the boys know each other. Nielsen says the victim isn’t able to speak with investigators yet. The suspect left before police arrived.
“The suspect, all we have is that he’s in his mid-teens wearing a white jersey with the number three. It’s a Utah Jazz jersey,” Nielsen says.
Luckily for police, there were plenty of people inside the store who saw what happened.
Nielsen says, “We had a lot of witnesses because it’s a busy store and a busy time of day for them.”
Today’s Top Stories
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?