BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Albert Rusnak scored on a penalty kick in the 33rd minute to help Real Salt Lake tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday night.
The free kick was set up when Mohammed Adams was called for a hand ball in the penalty area. Rusnak has six goals this season.
Chicago struck early when Aleksandar Katai scored in the fifth minute on a free kick. Katai came up empty at the 82nd when he fired a solid shot from the right that was just wide.
Chicago (4-6-7) extended its home unbeaten streak to seven. Real Salt Lake (6-8-2) has been outscored 8-1 in its last three games.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- Utah’s number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Sergeant Joe Cyr, Salt Lake City Police Department
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- New podcast details Venezuela imprisonment of Josh Holt
- Salt Lake Police Association speaks out against new use of force rules
- Utah man accused of intentionally coughing on people, might face assault charges
- Ingenuity Mars helicopter: The historic journey to fly on another planet