SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority has announced that Carolyn Gonot is its new Executive Director.
Gonot comes to Utah after spending 22 years working in the Bay Area working with the Santa Clara Valley Transit Authority.
“Gonot’s breadth of experience in the transit industry is extensive, ranging from service and program planning to managing and implementing major capital projects,” said Carlton Christensen, UTA Board Chair said in a statement released Monday.
“Her decades of transit experience give her an understanding of the entire transit agency, and she has the leadership qualities to ensure UTA continues to improve its service to the community,” he continued.
“There are valuable lessons from Silicon Valley that can be applied to the Silicon Slopes,” Gonot said in the release.
She will officially become the next UTA Executive Director following the approval from the board on June 26th. She is expected to start with the UTA on August 19th.
Today’s Top Stories
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?