SALT LAKE CITY – It was a quiet first round, but the Utah Jazz were plenty busy in the next one towards the ends as they selected three different second round draft picks in the 2019 NBA Draft.
The team took Jarrell Brantley from College of Charleston at No. 50, Hofstra guard Justin Wright-Foreman at No. 53, and Yale wing Miye Oni at No. 58.
The newest Jazzmen introduce themselves to the Utah media. pic.twitter.com/jWfeEWvGYH
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) June 27, 2019
Players selected in the 2nd Round are not guaranteed a roster spot. So the players will still have to earn their way in Summer League play and possibly camp this fall. However, with the personnel changes and the current cap space of the team, there may be a chance for them to make the roster.
They all still have to prove themselves and so all three players are hungry.
“Extra motivation is an understatement,” said Wright-Foreman. “If I could speak for all of us here, we’re just here with a chip on our shoulder and we work like it every day.”
Yale product Miye Oni agrees.
“A lot of us were under-recruited and maybe overlooked so we just try to put the most we can into every day,” said Oni.
Read more at KSL Sports.
Today’s Top Stories
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- No school for kids at one Utah school, courtesy of a garbage fire
- Inside Sources: How criminals, addicts and homeless transform their lives free of charge
- Misdemeanor trial date set for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah woman says bison flipped her into air, broke her ankle
- Rent deferral program eases residents anxiety but raises landlords’
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Mat and Savanna Shaw, a viral daddy-daughter singing duo sharing hope through music
- UDOT going forward with West Davis Corridor
- Candidate Conversation: Jenny Wilson for Senate