OGDEN — A fire caused significant damage to a meetinghouse of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ogden on Friday. Officials estimate that the fire caused $40,000 worth of damage.
Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman says the fire only affected one wing of the church.
Firefighters reported that there were no injuries in connection with the church fire.
Fire Chief Bauman says that fire crews arrived at the meetinghouse at approximately 10:35 a.m. on Friday.
Upon their arrival, firefighters reported that there was smoke coming from inside the building.
The church is located at 500 E. 900 North in Ogden.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as well as the State Fire Marshal’s Office is assisting in the investigation.
“Anytime there’s a fire in a church, they are involved,” Bauman said.
Official have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Mall giant Simon says nearly all of its shopping centers have reopened
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Iran state TV: Tehran fires at Iraqi base housing US troops
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Need a “working cat?” Best Friends wants to connect you
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall
- Utah COVID-19 hospitalizations lower, doctor urges caution over Christmas