OGDEN — A fire caused significant damage to a meetinghouse of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ogden on Friday. Officials estimate that the fire caused $40,000 worth of damage.
Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman says the fire only affected one wing of the church.
Firefighters reported that there were no injuries in connection with the church fire.
Fire Chief Bauman says that fire crews arrived at the meetinghouse at approximately 10:35 a.m. on Friday.
Upon their arrival, firefighters reported that there was smoke coming from inside the building.
The church is located at 500 E. 900 North in Ogden.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as well as the State Fire Marshal’s Office is assisting in the investigation.
“Anytime there’s a fire in a church, they are involved,” Bauman said.
Official have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
Today’s Top Stories
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Italian socialist Sassoli to be president of EU Parliament
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- ‘The End’ of Fortnite leaves millions staring at a black hole
- Thousands of cold-stunned sea turtles being rescued in Texas
- Jordan School District to address COVID-19 at Riverton High
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Cursive writing has been making a comeback in classrooms
- Microearthquake reported northwest of Magna, no damage or injuries