He has signed a four-season, $164 million contract with the Brooklyn Nets, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojarowski.
Durant is a six-time All-Star who joined the Golden State Warriors in free agency in 2016. The team nabbed two straight NBA championships and made it to the finals this year before losing to the Toronto Raptors.
Durant tore his Achilles tendon during Game 5 of the 2019 Finals and is expected to miss the 2019-20 season. Durant is a top player in the NBA when he’s not nursing an injury.
The 30-year-old previously shot down a $31.5 million player option on his contract with Golden State.
Kyrie Irving, who currently plays for the Boston Celtics, and DeAndre Jordan, who’s currently on the New York Knicks’ roster, are also expected to sign with the Nets, according to ESPN.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved
Today’s Top Stories
- Sen. Romney seen marching at DC protests against George Floyd’s death
- Eloise Bridges – Payson High School
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Five people charged with felonies in destruction of police car
- Mr. Mike Huestis – American Fork High School
- Opinion: Feed Utah food drive demonstrates what Utah does best
- MOVIE SHOW: Tower of Terror 2018
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- Utah man’s body recovered after jump from top of waterfalls
- Will Pettit – Granite Park Junior High