AMERICAN FORK, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol is investigating a crash involving a Utility Task Vehicle and a cyclist in Provo Canyon.
The crash happened on Saturday on the Alpine Loop where the UHP says the UTV was driving uphill when it collided with a group of cyclists traveling downhill.
Troopers said that witnesses had said that the vehicle had been seen driving aggressively, cutting corners and accelerating rapidly around corners.
UHP said the cyclist was wearing a helmet but was airlifted to the hospital in critical condition with “significant head, neck, and back injuries.”
Investigators say there’s evidence the UTV was not on the right side of the road as it came around the curve.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Lee parts ways with President over who killed Saudi journalist
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Heart of Utah: Two Navy doctors from Utah describe pandemic service
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
- Utah parents want vape tax
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights