The Department of Defense has released the name of a Utah soldier who has died in Afganistan Sunday from a non-combat related incident.
Sgt. 1st Class Elliott J. Robbins, 31, was a Green Beret Medical Sergeant from Ogden serving with the 10th Special Forces Group based out of Fort Carson, Colorado.
“A skilled soldier with three combat deployments, Robbins will always be remembered,” said Col. Lawrence G. Ferguson, 10th Group commander, in a statement as reported by the Army Times.
Robbins was born on Aug. 18, 1987, in San Diego and joined the Army in 2006. He was deployed for the first time in 2007; then again in 2017 and 2019.
The DOD has said the incident is under investigation.
This story will be updated…
Today’s Top Stories
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Utah driver licenses will soon get a “gold star”
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- The 5 Best Food and Board Game Pairings
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Nichole Warren-Doman – Orion Junior High
- Smith’s responds to complaints about ban on Visa Credit Cards
- UHP trooper offers in-depth look at life as a black police officer
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Dropping mask mandate in April is too soon, county mayor says