PROVO — Billboards may be the new way to get a date in Utah, even if you are not a millionaire.
Two billboards on I-15 in Utah County point out that if you missed your chance to date the millionaire who famously advertised he was looking for a date, now’s your chance to settle for much, much less.
They advertise a site called date-braden.com
there is truly no place like utah pic.twitter.com/foTu6IbpLz
— alex martinez (@callmemartini) June 28, 2019
A 24-year-old BYU grad named Braden Sharp is behind it. He told KSL.com that used a work bonus to pay for it.
The site lists skills including humor, remembering birthdays, and cleaning. He explains how he is slightly-above-average in distance running and in having nice hair. He says he knows 12 songs on the guitar, and he will be able to help his future children with their math homework.
Sharpe said he’s received about 400 emails and 18,000 hits on his website since the billboards went up in June.
He says he’s even had four dates so far, but more people have written to tell him they got a good laugh.
Today’s Top Stories
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Governor announces ‘soft closure’ of Utah public schools
- Three UHP vehicles hit in early morning storm traffic
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Salt Lake County, cities at odds over West Bench future
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021