SALT LAKE CITY — Utah’s Third District Court has granted a motion to extend the jail stay of the man accused in the kidnapping and murder of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, according to a statement from the district attorney’s office.
“Consequently,” Salt Lake County DA Sim Gill says later in the release, “the time to file charges was extended to next week.”
Ayoola Ajayi was arrested on Friday and will continue to be held without bail.
This story will be updated…
Today’s Top Stories
- Earthquake in Utah causes chemical spill at Kennecott plant, but no danger to public health
- United Angels Foundation
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Homeless man filmed shaving on train, mocked on Twitter
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- More women are outearning their husbands than ever – but we aren’t willing to…
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- BYU Law students “heart attack” Orem Islamic Center
- OPINION: I’ve learned a lot about myself because of COVID-19