WEST VALLEY CITY – West Valley City Police are looking for a homeless man they say stabbed another man over a case of littering.
Lt. Shane Matheson says the victim was loading up his truck and trailer early Tuesday morning near Redwood Road and 2800 South when he tossed an empty plastic bucket into the bushes. That bucket accidentally hit a homeless man sleeping there, who got angry about the littering and jumped at the driver.
“An altercation ensued and the victim was stabbed in the back and then also in the face,” Matheson said.
The homeless man ran away, and police say their K-9 officers were unable to track him.
The victim is being treated at a hospital and is expected to survive.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man, with long, shoulder-length hair. He was also seen wearing red clothing. Officers found drug paraphernalia where he was sleeping.
Today’s Top Stories
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Looking within: self-discovery amid pandemic
- Grandfather of suspect in the death of little girl says he is a troubled family member
- House approves bill to rename Dixie State University