UTAH COUNTY – Utah Wildfire Info confirms a new wildfire sparked in Spanish Fork Canyon Wednesday afternoon and as of about 9:00 PM has burned approximately 30-plus acres.
The fire is on the north side of Highway 6 near Thistle Junction according to Jason Curry with Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 4, 2019
The flames originally were reported about 5:30 PM and grew up to 15 acres by 6:30 PM.
Wednesday evening crews did not know the cause of the blaze and will continue to investigate, but believe it is human caused. It is being called the Long Hollow Fire. Utah Fire Info says there are multiple engines, helicopter, and Alta Hotshots on scene.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children
- U of U planning more in-person classes for fall, potentially 45% of classes
- Lieutenant Drew Cox, Naples Police Department
- Opinion: Coronavirus made me change my plans