UTAH COUNTY – Utah Wildfire Info confirms a new wildfire sparked in Spanish Fork Canyon Wednesday afternoon and as of about 9:00 PM has burned approximately 30-plus acres.
The fire is on the north side of Highway 6 near Thistle Junction according to Jason Curry with Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 4, 2019
The flames originally were reported about 5:30 PM and grew up to 15 acres by 6:30 PM.
Wednesday evening crews did not know the cause of the blaze and will continue to investigate, but believe it is human caused. It is being called the Long Hollow Fire. Utah Fire Info says there are multiple engines, helicopter, and Alta Hotshots on scene.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home Arena parent company merges with holding firm
- Endangered woman missing in Logan
- Granite School District reveals plans for new, safer school designs
- Gov. Herbert announces economy may begin reopening near end of month
- Sen. Lee says Utah National Guard kicked out of DC hotel
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- Provo starts program of “Kindness”
- USU’s “True Aggie Night” tradition up in the air during the pandemic
- Girl Scouts of Utah