The Memphis Grizzlies plan to retire Mike Conley’s No. 11 jersey.
Conley played for Memphis for 12 seasons before he was traded to Utah in a move that was approved by the NBA on Saturday.
Grizzlies Owner Robert J. Pera says in a release that Conley “represented the Grizzlies and the City of Memphis with true heart and class during his 12 seasons. His talent, determination and resilience elevated our team to a perennial playoff contender, and his altruism and sportsmanship helped shape the community focused nature of our franchise.”
The 31-year-old Conley averaged 21.1 points and 6.4 assists in 70 games in his last season with the Grizzlies.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Russell M. Nelson to speak at NAACP convention
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Koala rescued after five-car pileup on Australian freeway
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators