WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley City Police are looking for answers after a 15-year-old boy was shot in the shoulder Sunday night.
The teen was reportedly talking to someone inside a black SUV in the parking lot of the West Valley’s City Park at about 7:50 p.m.
Police said that at some point during the conversation, the teen suddenly took off running, which is when witnesses reported hearing three to four shots.
One of those shots hit the teen in the shoulder. He was taken to the hospital and has been reported in fair condition.
Police have been canvassing the area talking to witnesses, but say that they expect that they will be able to hopefully gain information from the victim.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Office Space: What happens when the Utah workforce goes back to normal?
- Feds aim to corral 800 wild horses from eastern Nevada range
- UHP graduates 32 new troopers to protect highways, streets
- Utah company invents mask sanitizing machine to help hospitals
- How opioid addiction has plagued a Utah woman and her family
- Utah’s 7-day average for positive COVID-19 cases hits 15%–the highest to date