DRAPER, Utah (AP) — A former Utah high school dance teacher convicted of dealing drugs and having sex with juveniles is seeking parole.
The Deseret News reports 30-year-old Sarah Lindsay Lewis was a dance and social studies teacher at Landmark High School in Spanish Fork before she was convicted in 2017 of unlawful sexual activity with a student.
She was placed on probation, but the following summer she was arrested twice for selling drugs to juveniles. She was convicted and sentenced to prison last year.
Lewis said at a parole hearing she struggled with marital problems but is willing to complete sex-offender treatment and serve as much time as needed.
The board decided to hold a rehearing in December 2020, after she completes the treatment.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- Hill Air Force Base Open Aircraft Day
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected
- Police searching for man accused of stealing ducklings from ponds
- Anonymous man pays 12-person dinner bill at Bandit’s Grill and Bar