DRAPER, Utah (AP) — A former Utah high school dance teacher convicted of dealing drugs and having sex with juveniles is seeking parole.
The Deseret News reports 30-year-old Sarah Lindsay Lewis was a dance and social studies teacher at Landmark High School in Spanish Fork before she was convicted in 2017 of unlawful sexual activity with a student.
She was placed on probation, but the following summer she was arrested twice for selling drugs to juveniles. She was convicted and sentenced to prison last year.
Lewis said at a parole hearing she struggled with marital problems but is willing to complete sex-offender treatment and serve as much time as needed.
The board decided to hold a rehearing in December 2020, after she completes the treatment.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Referendum filed to overturn tax reform bill
- Kimille Moreton – Oakdale Elementary
- State fire marshal talks about Lake Mountain Middle School delays
- Formal murder charges filed in case of Tinder date killing
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents
- Project Recovery: Pro skateboarder Brandon Novak shares how perception saved his life
- LDS Business College to become Ensign College, offer 4-year degrees