SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Nephi man has been charged with the murder of a woman whose naked body was found on a hillside in western Utah.
The Deseret News reports that 43-year-old Cody Alexander Young was charged Monday at a court in Juab County with manslaughter, a second-degree felony and tampering with evidence.
It was unclear Monday if he has a lawyer.
In October authorities found the body of 64-year-old Jan Pearson-Jenkins about a mile from where Young and Pearson-Jenkins are believed to have gone camping Oct. 4. Police say they were in “somewhat” of a relationship.
Pearson-Jenkins’ brother Jace Pearson told authorities Young sent him text messages the next day saying he and the woman had been in an argument and he allegedly left her in the Silver City/Eureka area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Inside Sources: Finding a cure for Huntington’s Disease
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Grant Averill – Woods Cross Elementary School