The promoters of Baby Shark Live announced a tour schedule on Tuesday that includes a stop in Salt Lake City on October 23, 2019.
Live at the Eccles said in the live version of the show, Baby Shark “joins his friend Pinkfong to sing and dance through some of your favorite new and classic songs!”
Pinkfong is also the name of the South Korean company behind the video that has delighted preschoolers and driven parents mad since its version of the song hit YouTube in 2015. The video has 2.7 billion views and the song even entered the Billboard Hot 100 at #32 (and has stayed in the top 50 since).
“We are really excited to be partnering with Pinkfong to bring a live version of their viral sensation Baby Shark throughout the U.S. and Canada,” said Stephen Shaw, co-president of Round Room Live, which is helping produce and promote the tour, in a statement. “Baby Shark Live is a world-class children’s brand that transfers naturally to the live stage, and we can’t wait to delight fans with this fun and engaging concert experience.”
Salt Lake City is one of 100 cities in the US and Canada earning a visit from Baby Shark Live. In addition to the earworm that made them famous, the tour will feature some other new and classic tunes for young children.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah offers to pay public employees to fill their prescriptions in Mexico
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend
- Jazz fan gets “coolest injury ever” after Donovan Mitchell flies into third row
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- Backcountry avalanche alert in effect as crews mitigate risk
- Cougar leaves mark on Herriman driveway
- Gov. Cox: Misinformation about COVID vaccines is dangerous
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night
- US Capitol on lockdown as protesters storm the building