A family from Wellington, Utah is trying to bring a father of five home from Ecuador after he suffered a devastating medical episode. Forty-two-year-old James Campbell is in a hospital in the city of Cuenta, where he’d gone on a business trip.
His father-in-law, Randy Dieterle, says he’s had excellent care there and they’ve managed to stabilize his condition. But they have to fly him home to Utah to get his aortic dissection surgically repaired.
“If he’s not back here, the aorta could let loose, I’ll use those terms, let loose at any point and he’d be gone almost immediately.”
The flights back to Salt Lake City will cost about $46,000. The family has a GoFundMe page called Save a Dad where they’re asking for help from the community.
Today’s Top Stories
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- Officers escort a fallen deputy’s wife across the stage at her graduation
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- GOP candidate who embraced QAnon conspiracy theory wins Georgia runoff, CNN projects
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative