SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A champion bodybuilder faces felony charges accusing him of raping a female bodybuilder in a Salt Lake City suburb last October.
Court records indicate an arrest warrant issued Thursday charges 44-year-old Shawn Roden from Santa Barbara, California, with rape, object rape and forcible sexual abuse.
Rhoden was the 2018 winner of the Mr. Olympia bodybuilding competition in Las Vegas.
A probable cause statement alleges Rhoden raped the woman who regarding Rhoden as her “body-building mentor and colleague” in a hotel room in Sandy on Oct. 12 and that a DNA sample obtained from the woman’s body was a match for Rhoden.
There was no indication that Rhoden was in custody as of Saturday, and online court records didn’t list a defense attorney for Rhoden who could comment on the allegations.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Latter-day Saints apostle, cardiologist weighs in on wearing masks
- Greg Skordas: Democratic nominee for Utah attorney general
- Pilot who crashed his own home in Payson had hangar code
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Despite the pandemic, rent in Salt Lake City continues to rise
- Patty Jenkins describes the ‘complex’ joy of shooting ‘Wonder Woman 1984’
- Roy High teacher accused of sexual enticement, exploitation of a minor