SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A champion bodybuilder faces felony charges accusing him of raping a female bodybuilder in a Salt Lake City suburb last October.
Court records indicate an arrest warrant issued Thursday charges 44-year-old Shawn Roden from Santa Barbara, California, with rape, object rape and forcible sexual abuse.
Rhoden was the 2018 winner of the Mr. Olympia bodybuilding competition in Las Vegas.
A probable cause statement alleges Rhoden raped the woman who regarding Rhoden as her “body-building mentor and colleague” in a hotel room in Sandy on Oct. 12 and that a DNA sample obtained from the woman’s body was a match for Rhoden.
There was no indication that Rhoden was in custody as of Saturday, and online court records didn’t list a defense attorney for Rhoden who could comment on the allegations.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- 18-year-old dead following fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?
- Russia, China both continue to pose threat, expert says
- Utah Jazz win, promote two players for big awards