SANDY, Utah (AP) — Jefferson Savarino had two goals and an assist to help Real Salt Lake beat the Philadelphia Union 4-0 on Saturday night.
In the 23rd minute, Savarino ran behind Aaron Herrera’s long ball, trapped it forward to where he could get it first and finished with a left-footed shot. In the 71st, Kyle Beckerman found Savarino open 25 yards from goal and Savarino sent home a one-hopper to double the lead.
Savarino pounced on a defensive miscue in the 81st minute and back-heal flicked to Albert Rusnák, who punched it in to make it 3-0 for Real Salt Lake (9-9-2).
Damir Kreilach finished from close range to cap the scoring in the 89th minute. RSL has won three of its last four.
The Union dropped to 10-6-6.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- What makes soda so addictive?