West Valley — A 75-year-old woman was killed after a tree fell on her in the Manor Lands area of Summit County yesterday afternoon.
The Summit County Sheriff’s office says she was using a chainsaw to cut down dead trees near her cabin with a scout group to clear out the area. After everyone left she cut a tree which was supporting another dead tree that fell and hit the woman in the head causing fatal injuries.
The scout leader that helped clear out the debris returned to the area after the woman missed a scheduled appointment.
Today’s Top Stories
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Washington D.C. mayor refutes Lee’s claims about Utah National Guard hotel eviction
- New Gaza rockets disrupt Israel, Islamic Jihad cease-fire
- Inside Sources: Exhale and enjoy the wit and wisdom of Winnie-the-Pooh
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party
- Sandy City officials mourn police chief
- Gunman shot by police at NYC cathedral Christmas concert
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case